Sony Rear Projection TV convergence

Old 01-27-02, 10:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Question Sony Rear Projection TV convergence

My Sony Rear Projection TV (KP-41T15) from one day to next appeared with a convergence problem. The green tint is now bowed at the both bottom corners. I tried correcting the convergence via the remote control, but the adjustments are minimal. The green tint is way off. I finally cleaned the inside that was overloaded with lint using a soft brush and a vacuum cleaner.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I was looking for adjustment knobs, but couldn't quite recognize any.

AmadorV
asvr66@hotmail.com

Old 01-28-02, 05:26 AM
joelp
Visiting Guest
There is a main convergence board on these units that bring the unit into focus. You will need to find it. Some, like toshiba are located when you take the bottom front panel off. Usually, there is a color intensity and a focus for each color.

Old 01-28-02, 07:49 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Morning, asvr66:

I'm a little confused by the use of the word "tint" in this instance. Tint tells me a color hue problem and is not associated with "bending".

Are you talking about convergence, the alignment of the projection guns to project at the correct point on the screen?

If it is a convergence problem, we'll try to help you. What is the approximate age of this unit?

Smokey

Old 01-28-02, 09:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Thank you for your postings.

The unit is six years old and I think the problem is the convergence. I mentioned green tint because that is the color that seems to be off, but not evenly off. The green color appears to be bowed or bent downwards towards both bottom corners.

Any other suggetions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: