RCA 53" Projection TV

Old 02-26-02, 05:39 PM
btm
Visiting Guest
RCA 53" Projection TV

I have a 53 inch RCA Projection TV that has a blue line(about one inch long) going down the left side of the tv and a red line(about 1/4 of an inch long) going down the right side of the tv. Also the colors are now shadowing the images of the program I am watching. Any suggestions or inexpensive ways to fix this. I know the set is about 8 years old but I would hate to trash it. I tried to converge the colors but it seems like it is ok. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Brian

Old 02-26-02, 05:58 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Evening, btm:

Without knowing the model year or the model number, I can only speculate. We are good on this site but not able to see into the future.

My thought is to look to the low voltage power supply for your problem. A funky filter capacitor will do these strange things to your picture.

Come back and tell us us ALL about your televisioin set. I'm just an old guy with a 1.8 Gig Dell and a 19" Monitor and can't see the problem.

So, I am speculating.

Smokey

Old 02-26-02, 08:15 PM
btm
Visiting Guest
Smokey,
It is a 1993 RCA 53 inch projection TV. The Model Number is X26005EB. I bought the TV second hand and I have only had it about a year and a half. Please let me know if this helps. I just hope it doesn't cost alot of money in repairs or the wife will try to make me trash it.

Thanks,
Brian

Old 02-27-02, 11:10 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Afternoon, btm:

My sources tell me to look to the blanking amplifier for the problem. Blanking occurs at the edges of the image to prevent you from seeing vertical retrace. It appears that this circuit is not functioning and you are seeing things that should be shut off during normal operation.

It also sets up the timing so that the video image and the chroma are in sync with each other.

Before you spend a lot of money on this set, though, be advised that the average life of one of these units is 9-10 years. After that, the repairs get out of hand. Weigh this fact when you discuss repairing the unit with your local technician.

Smokey

Old 02-27-02, 07:20 PM
btm
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Thanks, Smokey. I will let you know how it turns out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: