Hitachi Big Screen w/ Dirty mirror-lenses

Old 03-08-02, 07:19 PM
FixallMan
Visiting Guest
Thumbs down Hitachi Big Screen w/ Dirty mirror-lenses

I have a Hitachi 60UX54B 60 inch projection TV. Unfortunately, my wife had a plant on top of the set that she overwatered, spilling into the set. I have repaired the circuit board (whew!, quite tough!), but I now have a dirty mirror and dirty projection lenses. Both are VERY dusty. Also, the rear side (inside) of the screen has streaks of water where the spill ran down the screen.

I would appreciate some advice on how I can clean the mirror, lenses, and screen myself. I hate to have a service call now that I've done the hard part of repairing the PC board, but, if it is a professional job, I will pay for it. Thanks,
Rob C.

Old 03-09-02, 01:08 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Afternoon, FixallMan:

Cleaning the screen takes a special cleaner and a very soft cloth. The one I recommend is
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/proclean.html

.As for the lenses and the mirror, a soft cloth and some Windex will do fine. Make sure it doesn't leave a residue. Another good cleaner is a cup of vinegar in a quart of water.

Smokey

Old 03-13-02, 07:43 AM
FixallMan
Visiting Guest
Thanks Smokey. I appreciate this. I'll get going on this ASAP.

Rob (Fixallman)

Old 03-18-02, 06:01 PM
FixallMan
Visiting Guest
Wow! I got the cleaner today. I cleaned the screen with it and it works great. I used windex multi surface cleaner with vinegar on the mirror and lenses and they also cleaned well. They were FILTHY after 6 years. The picture is excellent now, as good as new.

Thanks again,
Rob

Old 03-19-02, 06:51 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Chalk up one for the guys in the white hats. Glad it worked out well for you. Come back and visit any time.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: