Toshiba TE50T11 50"

Old 03-08-02, 08:42 PM
tony89
Visiting Guest
Toshiba TE50T11 50"

Hi,

My 2 year old took the ole baseball bat to my projection tv. It cracked the screen since I did not have a screen guard other than that the TV performed fine.

Well we moved to a new home and I decided to fix the cracked screen. I ordered the part for around $100. They said it was an easy fix of a few screws. I opened the screen and found two screens. I replaced the outer broken screen and put the inner lense like screen back on as well. everything looked great until I turned the TV back on. Now a circle of normal viewing screen appears where the clear lense of the second inner screen lies. All four corners are viewable but visibly shaded. I did wipe the inner (lense) screen down with a paper towel and water to remove what looked like dust. It looked a bit smudged when I had finished.

The mechanics of the fix consisted of around 4 screws on each side of the screen and seemed simple. Any suggestions?

thanks,

Tony

Old 03-09-02, 01:04 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Afternoon, tony89:

Two things here:
1) When you clean the screen, you need a special cleaner and a very soft cloth. The paper towel was not a good idea. Check this website for a VERY good cleaning agent:
http://www.tritronicsinc.com/proclean.html

2) Did you know these screens are polarized? Sounds like you have one of the screens 90 or 180 degrees out of whack.

Smokey

Old 03-09-02, 10:55 PM
tony89
Visiting Guest
thanks

I flipped the back (lenticular?) screen 180 degrees and that did the trick.

Thanks a bunch.

Old 03-10-02, 04:50 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Smile

Scratch one up for the guys in the white hats!

Smokey

Old 11-20-10, 08:11 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help!

I have the same tv and my screen got broken as well....but my my kids wrestling in front of the tv...

Where can I order the screens from?

Thanks,

mike

Old 11-21-10, 05:19 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
All my part sources list the screens as no longer available.Try putting the model number plus "parts" in a search engine and search everywhere.You might get lucky with a few hours of searching.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: