Zenith PV890 & NEW DVD PLAYER

Old 03-13-02, 08:52 PM
Jensinful
Visiting Guest
Question Zenith PV890 & NEW DVD PLAYER

I just installed a new Pioneer VSX-D810S Audio/Video Reciever and a Toshiba DVD Player in my home theater setup and now the picture produced (96" Diagonal) by the PV-890 appears to be extra bright/washed out??? as if the projector is recieving a very Hot composite video signal at the input. The picture before any changes to the setup was fine. Any ideas as to what may be causing this problem? The projector is 10 to 15 years old. All video signals are routed through the Pioneer unit before going to the projector.

Old 03-14-02, 07:03 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Pioneer

I would eliminate the Pioneer out of the loop. Some of these receivers have a video amp in them for the character generator. Check its ownerís manual in troubleshooting to see if this condition is mentioned. You might even contact Pioneer but like everyone else I bet they will say itís your fault.

Old 03-14-02, 10:26 PM
Jensinful
Visiting Guest
Smile Zenith PV890 & Pioneer A/V Receiver

Big Mike,
Thanks for the quick reply! The manual has no mention of this type of problem and in the tech section it states that the video output signal is 1 Vp-p/75 ohms. If this unit does have a video amp is there a way I can attenuate the output signal inline to the PV-890 projector? Will an RF type of signal attenuator (like you would use on an incomming outdoor antenna cable) work on this composite video signal?
I will check with Pioneer and see if they can tell me whether or not this unit has a video amplfier.
Thanks!!!

Old 03-15-02, 06:56 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool hot

Well that's a 1 volt peak to peak video signal and thatís hot. As I said, do not run the video signal thru the recv. And see what happens. Eliminate the obvious first, if it was ok prior to the Pioneer addition then that must be the problem. These things have character generators in them to be able to put your signature on screen. I cannot find this particular unit but I have repaired many a Pioneer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: