Project TV Tube

Old 03-17-02, 08:44 PM
Texas2
Visiting Guest
Project TV Tube

I want to confirm whether my green projection tube needs to be replaced or if I have another problem that is causing the green light not to come on. I have a Panasonic Model 4074S built in 1989. The green light does not shine however the base of the tube does light up when the power is turned on. Does the fact that the base of the tube is lit mean that the tube may be ok and something else is keeping it from working? I realize the set is passed it's expected life but I just want to make sure it is not something small before I give up on it.

Old 03-18-02, 03:24 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Morning, Texas2:

There have been reports of bad solder connections in these units. Have you tried "wiggling" the wires a bit to see if the filaments come back in the CRT? If it is a bad solder connection, a little 60-40 electronic solder and a low heat soldering iron will correct the problem.

If that doesn't work, the next step is to remove the board/socket from the CRT and run a continuity check on the filaments inside the tube with a Volt-Ohmmeter.

If you want to make these checks, I recommend you contact the folks at this site for a repair manual:
http://www.treasurechestcorp.com/Default.htm

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: