Please Help!!!!!!

Old 03-22-02, 06:17 PM
lovelna74
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Please Help!!!!!!

I have a zenith 27" System 3 TV(-I'm not sure how old it is but I can tell it is not a newer one because of the extra fake wood around the outside(they don't make newer ones like this). It only comes on every now and then and when it does it says AC Line Failed(as if the power went out). It sounds like it wants to come on by clicking but it doesn't. Any help would be great as to parts or should I get a new TV. Other than this recent problem it has been a great set!!!
Thanks

Old 03-22-02, 06:59 PM
HiraMindy
Visiting Guest
I had the same TV 27" Zenith with the wood paneling. I bought it in 91 or 92. Well I had the same problem. I took it to be serviced and they told me that it was the power supply to the TV. Which means that the juice the tv holds inside of it to be able to intially start is shot. which is y it sounds like its trying to turn on. The TV no longer has a power supply. Their advice"buy a new TV". The cost of the repair was way over what the TV was worth. It was actually cheaper to buy a new one. SORRY

Old 03-22-02, 07:15 PM
lovelna74
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Thanks for the info- I was hoping it wouldn't come to that! It was such a good TV up until now-How long ago did this happen to you? Now the 27" don't have all that extra molding around it and it will look smaller in the hole(entertainment center) Oh well!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: