Smokey-Any thoughts?

Old 03-24-02, 12:00 PM
lovelna74
Visiting Guest
Smokey-Any thoughts?

I have a zenith 27" System 3 TV(-I'm not sure how old it is but I can tell it is not a newer one because of the extra fake wood around the outside(they don't make newer ones like this). It only comes on every now and then and when it does it says AC Line Failed(as if the power went out). It sounds like it wants to come on by clicking but it doesn't. Any help would be great as to parts or should I get a new TV. Other than this recent problem it has been a great set!!! ( Now it doesn't come on at all)as of yesterday.
Thanks

Old 03-25-02, 06:09 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Morning, lovelna74:

I thought this had been resolved. The person that responded to your original post hit the nail right on the head about the power supply. It was a weak point in the set and VERY expensive to repair.

I think you would be money ahead to replace the set rather than put money in an old television. As soon as you fix one thing, another will pop up and cause you more frustration. And, when you get it fixed, you still have an old set.

Here's a good site to keep in your favorites about TV problems:

http://an.hitchcock.org/repairfaq/REPAIR/F_tvfaq.html

If you decide to repair it yourself, come back and I will give sources for repair manuals, parts, etc.

Smokey

Last edited by Smokey; 03-25-02 at 06:31 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: