RCA 52" Projection TV

Old 03-25-02, 11:37 AM
Kuraige
Visiting Guest
RCA 52" Projection TV

I have an RCA mm52100 Projection tv, Hd ready.

The problem I am having is, with a progressive scan DVD player if there is any lightning or bright white light the screen will enlarge flash different colours, then go to black screen until the DVD plays a darker image. The Tv did this with my old dvd player but not to the same degree. The picture looks great but is it worth it if I can only watch dark DVD's. I took the DVD player back and exchanged it but still the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Old 03-25-02, 03:41 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
I think I know the answer to this but need to know how you are connected between the DVD player and the television set.

Smokey

Old 03-25-02, 06:58 PM
Kuraige
Visiting Guest
Thanks for responding, I used the Component output to connect it

Old 03-26-02, 07:08 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

I suspect your Y-C component is not set up correctly in the TV. The Y component (luminance) is swamping the circuits on peak white. Some of these boards are adjustable. Some are not.

You can confirm this if the DVD player has an RF output. Try hooking it through the antenna and see if this problem doesn't go away. Or try hooking it up using composite instead of component. Tell me what happens.

If you need a service manual for your TV to understand the circuitry inside, they are usually available at this website:

http://www.treasurechestcorp.com/Default.htm

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: