Sharp RP-101-Needs New Needle

Old 04-01-02, 08:49 AM
Carz n Compz
Visiting Guest
Sharp RP-101-Needs New Needle

I have an older Sharp RP-101 turntable that needs a new cartridge but I dont know what mount it takes. I am a stereophonic person but on this one I am stumped. I can see when I take the screw put and the cartridge off that the joint and the boot where the needle goes into the main part of the cartridge is torn and the needle is holding in by a tiny bit of the boot. The model on the cartridge is MD-44J. This is the cartridge and where it is torn. Now the little needle just broke off. Here is the needle assembly with the broken off needle. Where are the attachments I attached? They are important! Email me @ gelerclan@sympatico.ca for them if they will not show up.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-02, 08:50 AM
Carz n Compz
Visiting Guest
Here is the cartridge part.

I need to know what mount is it and what cartridge to buy.

Old 04-01-02, 10:07 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Standby

This unit is an antique to say the least. I have submitted a research form to Tritronics parts, a Sharp authorized supplier under my personal account so we will see what we see in I hope no more than a few hours. Thanks for your patience and question. FYI: I have contacted the webmaster to find out why some pictures are not posting. I couldn’t even get one to post. Standby…

Old 04-01-02, 10:46 AM
Carz n Compz
Visiting Guest
I have used a VB Board before (thecomputermechanics.com) I am used to it but this one seems to be have a prob. 1 byte for an attachment is like saying 1 room for 10,000people.

Old 04-01-02, 02:05 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Cart/needle?

The original cartridge is item# RCTRE5061AFSA, special order for $63.32 plus $9.75 standard shipping.

We also stock an aftermarket replacement. Part number ES1278 is special order for $29.95 plus $7.75 standard shipping.

For current pricing and to place an order, visit us at http://www.tritronicsinc.com

You may also call our parts ordering department at 1-800-638-3328. They are open Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 6:00PM EST. The fax number is 1-800-888-3293, open 24 hrs.

Thanks!

David Stansbury
research@tritronicsinc.com

Tritronics, Inc.
http://www.tritronicsinc.com

P.S.> When you contact them you might want to make sure the new cart comes with a needle. They usualy do but sure as you don't ask it wont!

Old 04-01-02, 02:21 PM
Carz n Compz
Visiting Guest
Ok Thanks!