Sony Projection KP-46S55

Old 04-03-02, 09:27 PM
ontheblink
Visiting Guest
Question Sony Projection KP-46S55

I have a Sony Projection Tv Model number KP-46S55 that was manufactured 1994. When I turn the tv on I get sound but it takes about 10 to 15 minutes before I get a picture. When the picture comes up, it blinks for a minute or two before stopping. After all of that, the picture looks fine. The only other time I have a problem is when I am watching a movie that is in widescreen format. Parts of the movie with allot of motion and screen changes it blinks like mad. This is so annoying and I am wondering if it could be something major or something minor that would be easy to fix. Does anyone have any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-02, 06:41 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

You have a high voltage/focus block going bad. Not uncommon on this set.

Check the archieves at http://www.anatekcorp.com/faq/protv.htm
and be sure to check the archieve files.

Need a Service Manual: Check here:
http://www.treasurechestcorp.com/Default.htm

We have no affiliation with these site other than the fact that we know that they work.

Smokey

Old 07-29-08, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Let's see if this works:

I have a KP-46S55 that was given to me because I was willing to haul it off. The previous owners had it repaired before and didn't want to spend anymore money on it. I'm wondering if it's worth my time and money to fix it or just take it to the dump. They told me they were watching it and all of a sudden the picture went to a thin vertical line and then went blank, nothing since. Any thoughts on what and how much?