New TV

Old 06-11-02, 12:30 PM
thesynic
Visiting Guest
Question New TV

I am looking to buy a new TV, any advice on a good brand would be appreciated. I know that Sony's look fantastic but have their problems, what brand is the lesser of the evils. I also can't decide on direct view or projection. Which should last longer? Thanks.

Old 06-11-02, 05:17 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Give me an idea what screen size you are looking for and the amount of money you intend to spend. From that, I can offer some advice.

Smokey

Old 06-11-02, 06:21 PM
thesynic
Visiting Guest
Question New TV

I have been looking at a 36" tube or possibly a 43-45 or 55" projection. I am willing to spend about $1500 tops. I saw a 55" Magnavox projection for sale for $999 at BestBuy, but I wondered about it's quality, even though it meets my minimum specs. (S-video, etc) I guess I just need to know if there are any brands to avoid? assuming I don't have to have all the bells and whistles. Also what bells and whistles do you deem necessities?

Old 06-11-02, 08:00 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Wow! You really put me on the spot. I am going to get hate mail over this post.

Were I sitting in your chair, I would go with Mitsubishi. Sony is good but they don't offer the customer service I would expect.
Toshiba offers the customer service I expect but doesn't offer the quality I expect.

I'm not a big advocate of Phillips/Magnavox because of their lack of interest in the user. Once you buy them, they seem to forget about the buyer.

So, selling price is not the issue. What remains is who will stay with you during the crunch. My bet is still with Mitsubishi. The price may be a little higher but you get what you pay for.

Now, let the hate mail begin.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: