stereo need help

Old 06-16-02, 05:13 PM
fee man
Visiting Guest
stereo need help

I have a Kenwood Stereo Receiver and the model number is 104AR. Now the problem is that the I have two rows to put in speakers. Well in both rows the b side of the place to put the speaker wire does not work. When I plug it in no sound comes out of the speakers but only on the b side but on both rows. If someone could tell me what could be wrong and how it can be fixed i would be forever greatful. Even if you dont know what is really wrong if you can give me any tips or your opinon that would be great. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by fee man; 06-16-02 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-16-02, 08:19 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Replace

Your discription is killing me. You have two banks that you could attach up to four speakers right? Labled "A" and "B". On each of these banks you have two speakers, labled "Left and Right". If you are getting sound out of only one channel be it left or right then you most likley have a blown channel. Could also be bad solder joint(s), a fuse blown in the speaker circuit in the amp. From a quick search this is an older unit and even new it only sold for $180. Found one on Ebay for $50. So unless you really need these rear speakers I would not even bother to repair this unit. I think I would go and buy a new unit or even a pawn shop for an amp not much more than a year or two old.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: