RCA Audio Sys. 5 Disc tray not openning

Old 06-19-02, 08:44 PM
kconn
Visiting Guest
RCA Audio Sys. 5 Disc tray not openning

I have a RCA RP-9518 Audio System with a 5 disc tray. Tray will not open. Lights working on unit so I know it has power. Any ideas on solving this problem would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 06-23-02, 08:40 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool RCA

Sorry no one answered this, posts slip thru sometimes. Is this the unit where the CD carousel is on the very top? If so look at the back of the unit where the cover comes out and shields the optic assembly. Remove the two small screws, slide the cover forward and remove it to expose the frame work for the optic assembly. Take a QTip with some eyeglass cleaner, Windex and “Gently” clean the “Eye” of the optic that is looking up at you from the center of the assembly. Do this a couple of times; try to make sure there are no streaks in the little round eye. If this doesn’t give it some more play time then the optics need to be aligned or replaced. In either event it would probably be cheaper to buy new, donate this to your kid’s electronics votech school or such.

Old 06-23-02, 04:26 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Different

RCA Audio System question
Thanks for taking the time to response to my question. My unit has the 5 Disc tray at the bottom of the unit. Do I follow the same steps as noted in your response to get the tray to open?

Thanks, kconn

No that changes everything. You would have to completely disassemble the unit to get to the CD mechanism. I don’t think I would put the time or money into it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: