Sony Cd/tape Player

Old 06-21-02, 06:28 AM
KAREN SCHULTZ
Visiting Guest
Sony Cd/tape Player

My Sony Mini Hi-Fi Component System, Model # MHC-G100 (?) will not play the CDs. The tapes play, but not the CDs. They did work previously for five years, and now they don't. Can you help?

Thanks.

Old 06-21-02, 09:15 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Inexpensive CD player...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that’s pretty much the end of the CD portion of the unit. Five years is a good run for a stereo like that! I’m impressed. The optics may or may not need to be replaced; the shop might be able to just realign/focus it. New optics installed probably around $150. This is actually something you could do as far as putting the new optics in but if they would need alignment you would have to go to a shop, with your own eggs…
Anyway buy a new one, you know you can buy a portable CD player, go to like Best Buy and also get a set of powered speakers for $40 with a little subwoofer actually for computer use but the little portables only output about 350 mv of AF, almost same voltage at the output of a sound card. Wind up with a neat little setup for about $100. You can buy the walkman type Cd players for around $40 all day long.

Old 06-22-02, 10:06 AM
KAREN SCHULTZ
Visiting Guest
I really want to thank you for replying to my question about my CD player that has quit playing CDs. Even if it was "bad news", I'm glad to finally know the problem. I'm surprised that the life of a CD player "like that" is so short. I guess they don't make them like they used to.

I don't understand all the jargon that you wrote, and I think I'll just go buy a new CD/Tape player outfit and invest a little more money that I did in this one.

I appreciate your time.

Thank you !

Karen Schultz

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: