sony 32 inch tv

Old 06-21-02, 05:15 PM
chuck911
Visiting Guest
sony 32 inch tv

The set is about 7 years old and for the most part works just fine. The problem is when I first turn it on. I get a screen that tears apart with a loud snap, crakkel, and pop. That lasts on/off for about 15 - 20 minutes. After that period it works just fine. As an electronic tech, I usually fix my own tv but this one has me snowed. I figure there must be a intermittant "short" somewhere in the set. Most likely in the crt. I opened up the set, got a couple cans of compressed air and really cleaned the inside. No luck! It still does the same thing. Any ideas? Thx!

Old 06-22-02, 02:05 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
chuck911, You did not mention what type of torn picture you have, horizontal or horizontal/vertical. If it's loss of horizontal sync your problem is in the horizontal sweep circuit, if it's loss of horizontal/vertical sync your problem is in the sync separator circuit. As far as the arcing, you need to put that television in a dark room, turn the screen brightness down to zero to see where that arcing is coming from. Pay close attention to the DAG on the back of the
to see if it's coming from their, the neck of the picture or the flyback. I know sony's are very iffy with their picture tubes and flybacks.

Post back and let me know what you found.

Fred

Old 06-22-02, 02:11 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Sorry about that, having keyboard problems. Ment to say "back of the picture tube".

Fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: