Goldstar CMT-2565A no pic!

Old 06-25-02, 04:35 PM
S
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Goldstar CMT-2565A no pic!

I have a 27" Goldstar TV model# CMT-2565A with no history of any problems. Yesterday I turned it on and within a minute or two the picture was gone--reduced to a horizontal line (about 1/8" high)across the middle of the screen. The sound was fine. I had the same problem with a Panasonic 32" model about 10 years ago while it was under an extended service contract. The repair shop had to ship the unit back to the factory to fix the problem.

Is this something I can fix myself? (I'm pretty handy.) And, if not, is it worth the cost of repairs?--It's an older set and kind of an extra TV.

Thanks for any help you can give. You guys have been lifesavers on some past projects.

Old 06-25-02, 09:29 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
samanthasmom, Sounds like the vertical has shutdown(no vertical sweep which is needed to open the screen up north and south ), and this is why you have that line running across the screen. If you have some electronic servicing experience and you are familiar with vertical circuits then yes you could fix it yourself. If not, you'll have to have a shop repair it.

Fred

Old 06-26-02, 08:10 AM
S
thank you

Thanks for the information (and quick response, too). I have experience repairing electronics, but it sounds like fixing this problem might be something I want to leave to the experts. I'll shop for a repair place today.

Thanks again! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 06-26-02, 10:41 PM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
samanthasmom, The first thing we have to do is determine if their is 25.0volts at pins #5 and #8 of I.C.301, this is your vertical processor(output). It 's a 9pin I.C. mounted to a metal heatsink in and around the flyback area of the board. If the voltages are missing check resistor R481 (.47ohms@1watt) located in and around the flyback transformer area of the board, to see if it's changed value. It it has or has not, check diode D301 to see if it's shorted, this diode is located in front of I.C.301. If the 25volt voltages are their check pin#4 for 11.0volts and pin#6 for .4volts.

Post back and let me know what you found.

Fred

Old 06-27-02, 07:19 PM
S
Smile I'll let you know

Thank you for the instructions. The TV is at my cottage, so I'll have to bring a printout up there and see what I can do.

I'll keep you updated. It might be a week or two before I'm back.

Thanks again.

--Janet

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: