RCA Colortrac Console

Old 06-25-02, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry RCA Colortrac Console

I have a RCA Colortrac 25" Console TV (sorry can't find model #)
It's probably 20 years old, it just starts changing stations without notice! Getting worse lately. I have had it in the same location for about 5 years, it's hooked up to cable, & VCR..took off VCR & still doing it. Maybe I have a neighbor with some new remote control? or inteference... any help appreciated...thanks!

Old 06-26-02, 05:55 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Jerry32, Sounds like you have a tuner control problem. Thats one of the common problems with that module. Are you planning on repairing this television yourself?

Fred

Old 06-26-02, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would like to..

Old 06-27-02, 10:52 AM
FREDDYG_001
Visiting Guest
Jerry32,The tuner control module is the module you connect your antenna or cable to. Remove the back cover from the television and their should be one single module or two modules connected together(you might even find that model number stamped on the inside of the cabinet).Take a 1/4" nut driver to remove the module from the cabinet and look on the corners of the module for the part number. The three will be letters, MTT or MSC then munbers. Post back with this imformation so I can give you pricing and availability for this module.

Fred

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: