Satelite TV

Old 07-03-02, 09:18 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Satelite TV

I have a satelite Dish that I would like to run the cable from my house to my mother's cottage. I have been told that to run RG6 cable over one hundred feet could result in lose of signal. If I place the dish between my house and hers, there will be about 200' run in each direction. I would like to find a cable to maintain the signal but am not sure what to use. Would there be a way to use say fiber optics or solid copper and then reduce the size to be able to place a coaixl cable end on either cable?

Old 07-04-02, 10:54 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Dish type?

Not going to happen guy. There are amplifiers that will boost the signal but they are high priced. What dish are you running? If it's like Dish Network or Direct TV the best thing to do is to run a seperate dish. I have two dishes running here to cover two houses. My brothers house is across town. Call Dish and order a second dish, the cost will be $4.99 a month for the second reciever and around $100 for dish and receiver. If you can find a used dish and LNA use it.

Old 07-04-02, 08:08 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Nickles and dimes are now Twenty's and hundred's. If I had the cash I would get another dish. I have dishnetwork it runs about $80 a month for everthing+. I already run a "Monster" cable 150ft, it's in one length and yes I kind of knew there wasn't an answer to my problem. I was just wishing!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: