video jock needs tv set on speaker stand

Old 07-05-02, 09:58 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
video jock needs tv set on speaker stand

im a mobile musicvideo jock i need to put my tv monitors on ultimate speaker stands i have the brackets i plan to install a bracket at the bottom of a tv set that has a 2 1/2 inches that will be inside the tv sets is this going to be anyway tips

thnks.
mtn berry

Old 07-05-02, 10:51 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool What?

Hey guy could you reword this? I have an idea what you are asking, I think. "has a 2 1/2 inches" a 2 1/2 inch what? "this going to be anyway tips" I think you are asking if or how to stop it from tipping over? English man, English

Old 07-05-02, 12:50 PM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want attach a bracket to the bottom of tv set yes, so it does not fall thats clear .the plans are to install this bracket which is really a speaker bracket which will mount onto a 1 and 3/4 aluminum speaker support ultimate stand that moves up and down.the problem is to get a bracket that will fit with out damage to the tv set

thnks.,
mtn berry

Old 07-05-02, 03:07 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Glue

OK now I get it, I looked around Google a bit and didn’t really come up with anything like your needing. Most of what I found, the TV was meant to just sit on the bracket. I was thinking more in the line of glue. Build your bracket in such a way as to have the bottom and side glued to the bracket. I built customized vans and trucks for a few years when I was younger. We used Elmer’s “Clear” rubberized silicone. Came in a caulk tube for use with a caulking gun. This stuff was fantastic! For instance, I did an experiment where I took two pieces of everyday 2x4 and glued them together, come Monday morning we tried to pull the two pieces apart (they were about 2 x 4 x 5) and we could not break them! Took a large screw driver and hammered in between the two pieces and after about 20 minutes of beating I finally got them apart but in pieces. We used this stuff to install our windows etc with. I used it to fix numerous things and have never been disappointed. But use Elmers only!
So I would glue them to the brackets and should you have to remove them a long piece of piano wire cuts right thru the silicone (with effort) just like removing a windshield. Screwing them to the brackets will of course work perfect too, I would recommend using “Carriage” bolts, flat headed bolts like on an auto bumper. As for clearance between the bolt head and the TV components you will just have to look and see what you can do. My opinion, glue them in at least say six to eight points and you should be good to go. I would think in the mobile situation you are in, bolts are going to crack the thin plastic of the set and fail quickly.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: