new domain

Old 01-18-10, 10:24 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
new domain

I registered and got hosting for a new domain on Friday, but I can't access the website yet, did I miss a step or something?

Thanks.

Old 01-20-10, 08:55 AM
L
Smile

Hi

Normally takes up to 24 hours to propagate. But should be able to view by now.

Is the domain registered with the same company thats hosting it.
If not you will have to change DNS address.

These will be sent to you from your hosting, and should read something like this

ns1.yourhosting.com
ns2.yourhosting.com
or something similar, If so you have to change your DNS with your domain register. If it is Godaddy, I can help you change it

Larry

Old 01-20-10, 05:26 PM
S
yeah, I use the same company for hosting and registering,
I probably should use a recognizable company next time.
The domain I registered is www.megacashblogging.com. I got frustrated so I already cancel the subscription hosting plan but it's still registered and since payment did include hosting for 1 month it should still be hosted. I submitted a help ticket but they didn't get back to me. Paypal is saying I can't get a refund for this type of service. I only lost $13.95. Next time I'll go with godaddy for registering and hostgator for hosting. I heard those two are reputable. I think the company I chose is a start up or something.

Old 01-20-10, 05:30 PM
S
I also don't like that the whois info on it contains things I wish it didn't, I heard with godaddy you can edit some info that is shown on the whois?

Old 01-21-10, 06:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 52 Posts
I think with most if not all providers you can opt to have the whois info hidden, generally for an extra fee.

Old 01-21-10, 11:06 AM
All the domain host providers offer private registration with companies as (for example) myprivateregistration.com or 1and1, etc

When you go to whois, the only info appearing is a PO Box and telefone of the private registration company, but not your info

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: