the cost of porch on my trailerer

Old 02-16-04, 09:51 PM
Russ816
Visiting Guest
the cost of porch on my trailerer

i have been thinking of building a porch here on my trailer, and would like to get the cost of it. its going to be 8'wide & 24' long.. with wiring i have all the windows im putting in it. and the door ! just an estiment would be helpful..
t/y for your help
Russ
& Donna

Old 02-20-04, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Russ816,

I guess the question is going to be hard to answer as to what is it going to be made of and steps, type of roof, etc.

Any ballpark price would be easy to give but is it going to be fairly accurate? Not really.

You should determine what you are going to use exactly, then get some bids, at least 3 within your area and go from there.

Jack the Contractor may be able to help you, and closer to your area. Send him a PM, he is the other Moderator within this Forum.

Good Luck!

Old 02-20-04, 06:50 PM
Just going by what you said, and keeping cost down, I would say about $1500 to $1800 depending on how you finish it. Now, here is one thing you did not mention but I will. Do NOT, I repeat Do NOT attach your porch to your trailer. This would be a very big mistake on your part. Build it up against your house (trailer) but do not attach it to your trailer. Good Luck

Old 02-21-04, 09:15 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I'll make a suggestion first..

Go more than 8'. 8' sounds like a lot for a porch, but it really isn't. Even 10' will seem narrow once built.

Here's a porch I built last year, 12' long x 10' wide (away from trailer). Cost was about $700 in materials + labor.
This was a 'quick build' to replace a 10x10 porch that was well past it's service life.

Here are some other pics of 'during' construction.

Foundation 1

Foundation 2

Corner Detail

Floor Detail

Old 02-21-04, 09:48 AM
Pendragon,

So how much was the labor bill?

It looks good!

Old 02-21-04, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Labor was free, a solid weekends worth of work.

For a project like that, you could figure on taking the materials bill and doubling it to get a total cost. So $700 for materials, $700 for labor.

All the wood is pressure treated (even the lattice), and stiles were put on the steps after the picture was taken.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: