Drawing Home Plans using autocad 2004?

Old 11-11-04, 01:16 AM
lesliej
Visiting Guest
Angry Drawing Home Plans using autocad 2004?

Does any one have any hints or tutorials, info on how to use autocad to draw houseplans? I am drawing up my house for approval and require some assistance in learning the basics. I have used the help option but it is still vague and as such autocad is difficult to use.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!!

Regards

Chris

Old 11-11-04, 04:28 AM
B
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
I just changed jobs and am about 3/4 of the way thru learning AutoCAD and Architectural Desktop. From what I have learned of the program, my guess is that you aren't going to be able to get much help from a forum like this; AutoCAD is a very complex program. I come from 8 years on another CAD program (ArchiCAD) and I am struggling. In my case, though, it may have something to do with old dogs and new tricks!!!

I am learning using a book I bought titled "AutoCAD 2004 and AutoCAD LT 2004 No Experience Required" by David Frey. It's a very easy book to follow and uses a very logical process to take you through the drawing of a small cabin. If you use your house plan instead of their cabin, I think you would be up and running in a month or so.

And I agree, the help function isn't a lot of help

Good luck to both of us!

Bruce

Old 11-13-04, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Chris and Bruce,

You both may benefit from this Forum - it specializes in various CAD programs. Free Membership

http://www.cadvault.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Specficially, you both should go here,

http://www.cadvault.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Hope you find it helpful!

Old 11-14-04, 03:10 AM
B
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Cool. Many thanks Doug; looks like that may be a big help.

My biggest problem is that I worked with ArchiCAD for so long, that it's hard to get it out of my head. AutoCAD is not nearly as intuitive as ArchiCAD and in many ways, works just the opposite of ArchiCAD.

Bruce

Old 11-14-04, 06:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Bruce,

You're welcome!

I hope you find it helpful. Everyone there helps everyone so it's a great resource to get good information and usually quite fast.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: