Underground Home Plans

Old 03-30-06, 11:43 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Underground Home Plans

Hi... I am looking for online plans and photos of underground homes. This could also include cordwood and other alternative building sites. Please reply if you are aware of any sites and include links. Thanks!

Old 03-30-06, 07:50 PM
Steve,

Best to do a web search -

Earth Sheltered

or

Underground Homes

or

Underground Home Plans

There is allot out there or check with a library.

Good Luck!

Old 04-07-06, 11:15 PM
Underground Home Plans

As much as I love the concept, I have seen many disasters designed by overly "green people" or Ivory tower architects.

Forget about organics and "goats and grass" on the roof. Cord wood is renewable for a good reason - it does not last anf there are better things to use wood for. They are admirable concepts but ultimately are negatives to the environment and energy conservation. You want to get the benefits of Mother Nature and the storage of heat in the soil.

Look for help from people that have a good history of projects that have worked.

Dick

Old 04-22-06, 08:40 AM
You will find alot of junk stuff on the internet. In the upper midwest there are alot of underground homes. There are at least 3 of them within 10 miles of me. They are very simple.
They have a concrete basement poured. It sticks about 4 feet above the ground. Then they just put a roof on it. Some a sloping roof, some a regualr gable roof. They are warm in the winter, cool in the summer. AThey put basement type windows in the abouve ground concrete wall, as well as the walkout doorway. Just some thoughts on plans that really work. Good Luck

Old 04-28-06, 08:21 PM
T
You will also want to do some reading. There are several good books at amazon.com on underground home construction.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: