plz help me in deciding

Old 07-15-07, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
plz help me in deciding

Floor plans are strictly a personal choice and just a starting point. There are almost as many as there are people.

Almost any plan can be used for any type of construction materials, so it is wide open to you. No one can make that decision for you.

Whatever plan you choose, take it to a local designer and have him customize it for your choice of materials (wood, masonry, ICF, SIPs, etc.) and your local situations like snow, wind, seismic and frost after you have soil borings.

Dick

Old 07-15-07, 06:35 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Building plans are not cheap. Contrary to popular thought you need more then one set. As a rule, you need 7 sets to build a house. So if your looking for cheap, in the plan area, it is not going to happen. If I were out looking for a set of house plans, I would expect to pay somewhere in the $1200 area for the seven sets. Good Luck

Old 07-16-07, 11:16 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
plz help me in deciding

Jack is right. - Do not waste a lot of money on complete plans if you are going to make changes.

Just use a floor plan that you like (with room sizes, etc.) and show it to a local designer, so he can come up with a plan that reflects what changes you want and is buildable in your area (code, climate, materials).

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: