Re-apply for Zoning Approval?

Old 12-01-16, 06:47 PM
M
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
Re-apply for Zoning Approval?

I got zoning approval for a 26' x 13' garage and a 7' x 8' mudroom, but decided today to make a minor modify to my design. Even with the design change, I will still be within the footprint of the original approval. I'm basically making the mudroom triangular shaped instead of rectangular. Do I need to go back to the county with my new design considering it doesn't go outside the footprint of my original approval?

Old 12-01-16, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 55 Posts
Do I need to go back to the county with my new design considering it doesn't go outside the footprint of my original approval?
Moss no one here can tell you that. Call your county and ask of wing it and take the chance.

Some let you deviate from submittals and some dont... Ive delt with countys/state levels 30 plus years... Its all different...

Old 12-01-16, 07:08 PM
M
Received 4 Votes on 3 Posts
I'll be calling first thing tomorrow. Just figured I'd ask. I wouldn't think it would be a big deal as long as I stay within the approved footprint. Thanks.

Old 12-01-16, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 63 Votes on 55 Posts
ok.. yeah Im curious how that garage comes out... Post pics as it gets built...

Nothing for nothing but you neighbor is nice if he approved it as I would not approve near my property so close.

Just saying...

Old 12-02-16, 04:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
It shouldn't change your variance any because you are staying in the same footprint but you do need to make sure zoning approves of the changes.

Old 12-02-16, 05:41 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If you check with your Zoning Administrator, s/he probably has a simple application for a "Permit Amendment" that should be submitted (along with a nominal Fee) to demonstrate that you've made the effort to keep them informed of even the minor alterations . . . . and the Administrator probably has the authority to Approve the Amendment without any further todo about it.

It's a judgement call, and they pay the Administrator to make those routine decisions that don't rise to the level of needing to go before an entire Zoning Board for Approval . . . . just to clog up the System for no good reason.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: