Lower floor renovation

Old 01-27-19, 07:07 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lower floor renovation

We're updating our downstairs. There's an area we'd like to make into an open living space. It is split level, unfortunately, so only so much can be done. We need to add a bath, kitchenette, and stacked laundry. I've played with the layout for hours but have yet to come up with a layout I like. I'm trying to maximize every single square foot for a useful purpose (avoid hallways) but also have each space feel as large as possible. The exterior door (South blue wall) goes out to a patio that will eventually serve a pool and traffic to the dock, so if there's an entry there it could hold wet clothing, shoes, boat gear, etc. I also want the bathroom to feel large and comfortable for larger individuals. The other bathroom off of this area is very small. In an ideal world, the toilet would have its own closet but I just couldn't make it work. We're also open to the stairs changing, but couldn't figure out a way that they would work better. They are not a full flight and only drop 87" due to the split level above. Also, not worried about a closet in the bedroom. We have that figured out but it's not shown. We will pass the plans by a structural engineer before submitting for permits. Attached are what we have now and the best thing I've come up with so far. Any ideas? Suggestions?

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-20, 04:07 AM
Received 277 Votes on 258 Posts
Everybody's needs and usages are differant.

Having installed full baths in several homes and then found they never got any usage, in our current house we omited and never, every, regretted. By far the most expensive room to construct and the next bathroom is just upstairs!

That kitchen area is a choak point with the table, another option would be a breakfast bar along the wall~