Any free floor plan creators?

Old 03-05-21, 03:35 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Any free floor plan creators?

We desperately need storage space in every room of our home, which is quite small to begin with, but I've come up with a number of ideas. Such as adding floor cabinets and/or medicine cabinets in one or more bathrooms.

The problem is, I need to know how much floor/wall space I have to work with, but I'm more of a visual person. So I've collected many floor/wall measurements, which I can't find a way to organize, but also don't help me visualize the space. However, I think a floor plan could be the perfect solution!

Unfortunately, every app/software/website I've found has to be purchased, which will likely never be used again, and is an expense I can't afford.

Does anyone know of an app/software/website where I can create a floor plan for free?

Thank you in advance to anyone who replies!

Old 03-22-21, 10:13 AM
A
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Most free planners will have limitations and oddities, but if you get used to it you'll find workarounds. For example, many have limited furniture options... I've had to use a table to represent a treadmill, etc.

anyway... I designed both a 500 sq foot home addition and a kitchen remodel in roomsketcher. That was a couple years ago, so I'd assume/hope their software is even better now. They require a pro account for some features, but nothing I ever needed. I recently logged in and they still had all my design plans stored.

i also used Online Room Planner - Design Your Room recently for a quick mock up of a room. It was okay, less options but easy.

DIYdee voted this post useful.
Old 03-23-21, 09:52 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 189 Votes on 169 Posts
SketchUp is free (with some paid upgrades) and does all sorts of 3D modeling too. Some people swear by it, and it has a lot of of tutorials and online support. I personally found it time-consuming to get proficient.

I haven't spent much time doing that type of layout recently, so I don't have anything else to recommend.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: