Garage Plans

Old 01-07-02, 11:21 PM
crawlfish2
Visiting Guest
Garage Plans

I'm having trouble getting ideas for a garage. The designs I've found (hard to find) are either uninteresting or far too elaborate for my taste. I'd like something about 26X26 or 28 x 32 , something with room to work on a truck rebuild.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-02, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Almost any Home Improvement Center will have lots of garage plans. Any type any shape. Home Depot, Lowes, Menards etc.

Old 01-11-02, 01:48 AM
crawlfish2
Visiting Guest
Garage Plans

Thank you for replying, Jack! Good name, I'm a Jack too!

Okay, I've been to Lowe's, picked up the book on garages, and Home Depot, Border's Books, Books-A-Million, and Barne's and Nobles. I've also purchased some house plan books looking at their garages...

There isn't much available, and the book I got from Lowe's has only one design of interest, and it would have to be modified for width, length and roof pitch.

I'm trying to find something that would fit the design of my house, a 1450 s.f. 1.5 story built in the late 30's.

I can use the Lowe's design, but before purchasing the plans (the book only shows designs and sells these) I thought I'd look further to find something closer to what I want.

Short of hiring an architect or building planning service at $300, I thought there might be more designs out there... that go beyond simple yard structures... that may have some more interesting features..? I'm not talking castles, limited by budget... but more than a box and not an apartment garage.

Old 01-13-02, 05:10 AM
Visiting Guest
small building plans

I have also been looking for plans for a small garage- I found some at a www.abetterplan.com - actually some of the nicest looking designs, too. They aren't free, but you get the basic jist of what they have designed by scrolling through. good luck!

Old 05-26-02, 08:48 AM
crawlfish2
Visiting Guest
Plans

Well, it's been awhile since I posted my question, but better late than never! The link you provided is what I've been looking for, so thanks very much!