Humidifier wiring help needed

Old 02-05-04, 11:07 AM
nam
Visiting Guest
Humidifier wiring help needed

Hi, I would appreciate some help with wiring up my humidifier. I have a Honeywell 360 and am wiring it to a Bryant 310 furnace.

I tried wiring the humidifier and manual humidistat in series to the 'HUM' and 'COM' on the furnace but it blows the fuse. Apparently the solenoid draws 0.9 amps and the 'HUM' is only rated for 0.5 amps.

I alternately tried wiring the 'EAC1' and 'EAC2' (neutral) to the outlet that my humidifier is plugged into. The outlet gets a 117 Volts when the fan comes on, but the humidifier still doesn't run.

The humidifier is rated as 120Volt and 0.7 amps. The EAC1 is rated 115 Volts and 1 amp.

any suggestion on why it's not running? Is the 5 volts difference enough to not make it run? I desperately want to avoid adding another switch or relay to the humidifier set up. Thanks for any help.

Old 02-05-04, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
you do not mention the humidistat. if the unit is 120 volt input, it probably has a transformer in it providing low voltage to the control circuit (thru the humidistat to the water solenoid)

i will look up that model and post later

Old 02-06-04, 03:59 PM
H
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
wiring

What is the voltage of the humidifier drum motor?... What is the voltage of the water solenoid valve?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: