Aprilaire 600 or 700??

Old 04-15-04, 01:04 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Aprilaire 600 or 700??

Hi, I'm looking to install a humidifier in a two story colonial ~2600 sq ft not including basement and wanted to know if anyone has an opinion on either the Aprilaire 600 or 700. The 700 seems to be their top of the line but does that necessarily mean it's better? The 700 has an outdoor temperature sensor. Is that important? Thanks for any opinons!!!

Old 04-15-04, 01:26 PM
i would go with the 600, it is a bypass unit as compared to a powered one. my personal opinion is that too many variables (moving parts, extra electronic circuits, etc) can increase the probability of failure. just my 2 cents

both are excellent units, i would like to add

Old 04-15-04, 02:08 PM
700 seems to be their top of the line but does that necessarily mean it's better? The 700 has an outdoor temperature sensor. Is that important?
With hvac4u here you dont need that 700 and its outside sensor. just some thing else to go wrong. You can set the humidistat right there on the duct. As they say K.I.S.S. and things work better

ED

Old 04-15-04, 08:39 PM
I also agree that the outdooe sensor is not a plus. Many times it won't allow a high enough %RH in the house. With it eliminated you can increase the RH at least 5% and usually 10% without any signs of condensation. I have also had the humidistats with outdoor sensor fail. Not the sensor but the circuitry. It should be kept simple. Be very careful where you install the humidistat.

Ken

Old 04-16-04, 07:02 AM
R
Thank you for the replies. I was kind of leaning toward the 600 as well. I have zero experience with humidifiers and I know they say you can install them on the cold air return side but is that just as effective as if I installed it on the supply side? If I have adequate space to install it on either the supply or return and duct it over to the other, what is the optimal method? Thanks!

Old 04-16-04, 07:11 AM
It probably doesn't really matter much whether it goes on the supply or return. Just be sure to mount the humidistat upstream of the tap on the return so as not to sample humidified air.

Ken

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: