High Humidity

Old 05-18-04, 04:33 PM
liverpud
Visiting Guest
Unhappy High Humidity

I live in an apartment bldg and for several yrs suffered w/ allergies in the winter and summer mths. I recently bought an Air Cleaner and have been enjoying the cool fresh clean air. I also got a Humidifier b/c I thought the humidity would be low. I guess w/ the outside temp gradually warming 20c+, this renders the humidifier 'useless' for summer use. I have unplugged it and will pack it up for winter time when I will have to deal w/ dryness..etc...
My ACC has just been switched on. It's on very high. My humidistat says the RH is 53%. It was 49% this morning and 51% early afternoon. Now, it is stable at 53%. My qt is, how do I lower the RH ? I need it down to around 35%-40%.
My windows are closed, the Air Cleaner at high, ACC high and the place is clean and dusted. What else can I do ? I really dont want to spend more money buying a DE-Humidifier. Maybe the ACC just takes time to settle in, even though
I am feeling cold already. If someone could offer any tips that would be great.
Unless my humidistat is faulty. It's just a cheap basic one. Should I get a more expensive better quality one and a Hygrometer ? Many thanks

Old 05-19-04, 09:47 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Not sure just what you have . But you say just turned the AC on. I find that it takes about 5 to 6 days to start to get the humidity out and down where you want it. Thats like if it gets cool outside and people turn the AC off and open the windows. Thats the wrong way to go, keep the AC on and the home closed up. You can put in a higher MERV filter or one on top of the other. This will slow the air down some and pull more humidity out of the home for you.As the home dries out you will push the tstat up because you will feel colder

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: