Old 07-11-04, 06:56 PM
Paul Cohen
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Question Humidistat

I have a home in Florida that is not my primary residence and therefore do not live there year round. There are two AC/heat units (forced hot air) in the house. When I am not there I leave the AC thermostat on 80 degrees. I have been told I should get a humidistat for both units. What is a humidistat and how will it work? I know that is takes humidity out of the air, but how and what type of humidistat should I get since I am not there all the time?
Old 07-12-04, 01:40 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,386
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes for sure you need two humidistat down here when your gone. they mount on the wall next to the tstat is all. The best way is put them in the R wire to the tstats. So when you gone push the tstat down as low as it will go and just set the humidist for what you want. when you here set the humisist for as low as it will go and set the tstat for what you want. Dont know if your in FPL power here but its also best to have a time delay on the AC units here for all the power on and off we have. Johnstone supply and Grainger have them ,look a lot like a tstat. They will run your AC on humidity not on temp.


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: