Trouble wiring Honeywell 360 humidifier

Old 10-26-04, 07:05 AM
lread
Visiting Guest
Trouble wiring Honeywell 360 humidifier

My hookup for the Honeywell 360 power humidifier worked ok for about five minutes, then the solenoid got very hot and everthing died. Help.

I wired it per figure 5 here--
http://electronicaircleaners.com/dat...stallation.pdf

The 24vac transformer taps in parallel to the furnace blower motor wires. On the low voltage side, one wire goes to the solenoid, one goes to the humidistat. The transformer low voltage output does cycle on and off with the furnace. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-26-04, 07:31 AM
lread
Visiting Guest
Other instructions

The instructions here look a bit different , am I missing something?
http://electronicaircleaners.com/dat...oduct_data.pdf

I do have the 8908 model humidistat.

Old 10-26-04, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

Sounds like you gave 110V some how to the solenoid. Check how you wired it again.

ED

Old 10-26-04, 09:27 AM
lread
Visiting Guest
could I?

I checked. I'll check again. The only wires that connect to the solenoid and the humidistat are the low voltage 24v off the transformer. Could my humidistat be bad letting the 24v flow nonstop? The transformer voltage looks correct and does cycle off/on with the furnace motor according to my voltmeter.

Old 10-26-04, 02:49 PM
When on, do you read 24V on the wires going to the solenoid ?? You could have a bad one its been known to happen. Took out all the same post you put here.

ED

Old 10-26-04, 10:21 PM
lread
Visiting Guest
Unhappy same thing happened w 2nd solenoid

the 24v transformer low voltage wires -one goes to the humidistat, one goes to the yellow wire on the solenoid unit. the other wire on the humidstat hooks to the second yellow wire by the solenoid. I did confirm 24vac output from the tranformer with a voltmeter.

The funny thing is the humidifier kept going even when the furnace cycled off.

The transformer is spliced in parallel to one black and one white wire that goes from the circuit board to the blower motor. With an ac detecter, the black wire seems to carry constant current when the furnace is cycled on , but the white wire is mostly not detectible.

Should I hook the transformer high v side to the circuit board connectors that are marked HUM115v and EAC instead? there is also a HUM24v connector on the circuitboard but how would the 24v ground lead be labeled?

Old 10-28-04, 08:29 AM
I would either try the hum connection or dedicate 115v to the humidifier and use a current sensing relay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: