Wiring Honeywell humidifier to furnace

Old 10-26-04, 11:11 PM
SappyChappy
Visiting Guest
Wiring Honeywell humidifier to furnace

I have purchased a Honeywell 360A humidifer and am having a hard time wiring it. It came with a H8908B humidistat. I have mounted the humidistat next to my thermostat. I ran two wires to the humidistat. One is connected to the humidifer terminal on the furnace (Carrier 8000 Weathermaker, model 58TUA) and the other wire is connected to one of the yellow leads on the humidifier. I then took the remaining lead from the humidifer and connected it to the common terminal on the furnace. Finally, I plugged the unit into a 110 outlet. The outlet has power but the humidifer is not kicking on. What am I doing wrong?

Old 10-28-04, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1st confirm your humidistat is not satisfied by turning it all the way up and make sure the heat is running.

I believe your model has a transformer built into it so all you would need is either a current sensing relay or a sail switch and run 1 wire from the humidifier through the humidistat then through the sail or sensing relay then back to the humidifier.

Old 10-28-04, 09:45 AM
Wink

Try and jump it at the humidity control to see if its there. you could mount that down on the duct if you want . But to put one in the cold air duct you need Honeywell H10084 it will work better for you.

ED

Old 10-28-04, 08:08 PM
SappyChappy
Visiting Guest
Humidifier problem

Ok, I disconnected the lead to the humidifer terminal and touched it to a hot terminal (labeled "R") and the humidifer did kick on. I'm wondering if there is some jumper switch that needs to be moved because it looks like the humidifer terminal is never getting power.

I have an open return, so the sail switch won't work. Should I go with the current sensing relay?

Old 10-29-04, 10:39 AM
Wink

Most of the time a sail switch has to go in the plenum to work. Id for sure go with the current sensing relay they work the best.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: