Humidifier Install Questions

Old 11-06-04, 07:31 AM
jduawa
Visiting Guest
Humidifier Install Questions

I would like to install a humidifier in my home
I was looking at the AprilAire model 600
my home is only 1350 Sq Ft so i think it would be adequete.
My question is what else do i need to do the installation?
Can this Unit be mounted in eiter direction??
I see that there is a A50 relay that may be needed and one site even sells an installation kit that include the copper tubing and wiring etc.
I have a Armstrong Ultra SX80 furnace
Any other tips on installation would be appreciated
thanks

Old 11-06-04, 08:17 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

For sure get the A50 relay .Then you dont have to go into the blower wiring. It just slips over the blower wire. i like to tapinto a hot water link if I can. For the 1/4" line and tap in Id go to Home depot or Lowes for it. Then you can get it how long you need.

ED

Old 11-06-04, 06:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
i mount the 600 on the supply and duct it over to the return. this allows more moisture pickup due the "blow" rather that "suck" through the media, to put it plainly

model 50 relay will sense ampdraw through the heat speed fan wire and close so 600's valve does not open with call for heat but no fan (fan startup delay is up to 90 seconds) it must be used

BUT

if the board on your unit has a HUM terminal, this will typically energize the terminal with 120 volts when heat AND fan are on. using the transformer in the 600 box, you can power it here (and common) thereby only sending 24 volts to the humidistat when these conditions are met, bypassing the need for the model 50.

hope this did not confuse you

Old 11-09-04, 03:46 PM
jduawa
Visiting Guest
Well i ordered the 600 and the a50 relay (only 27 bucks fro the relay),
unfortunately i dont think i have enough room to mount the unit right on the supply duct
Is there a noticeable difference mounted on the supply as opposed to the return??
If it were mounted on the supply why would one duct it over to the return, would you want the humid air flowing through the supply with the dry air??

Old 11-23-04, 10:22 AM
jduawa
Visiting Guest
Any one have any input on mounting on the return or supplly is better and why?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: