humidifier installation location

Old 12-14-04, 05:35 PM
foosboy2
Visiting Guest
humidifier installation location

I can only locate my humidifier on the cold air duct. I also have to put the sail switch and the thermostat on the cold air duct? What order do they go and how should they be spaced? I read 6 inches from a bend. Can the tube the goes to the hot air supply be higher than the humidifier?

Old 12-15-04, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Wink

I think best to use a A50 relay on the blower wires to turn the humidifier on .

I can only locate my humidifier on the cold air duct
Best place for it

Can the tube the goes to the hot air supply be higher than the humidifier?
Sure can.

ED

Old 12-16-04, 05:30 AM
foosboy2
Visiting Guest
humidifier install questions

So you are saying to not install the sail switch and to go buy a A50 relay. Why not use the sail switch? What is an A50 relay?

Can I install the sail switch below the humidifier?

Where should I install the thermostat? Above or below the humidifier?

Old 12-17-04, 05:59 PM
Wink

Can I install the sail switch below the humidifier?
No above it . They just dont work to good.

Where should I install the thermostat? Above or below the humidifier
It has to go above it so it get the air before it get to the humidifier and its a humidistat

What is an A50 relay?
Its a current sensing relay that will turn on the Humidifier anytime the blower comes on. no wires to cut are tie in.

ED

Old 12-18-04, 08:02 AM
Ergoboy
Visiting Guest
I'm confused....please help.

I'm confused by this thread. I was under the belief that the humidifier is supposed to be mounted to the duct that blows the heated air back into the rooms (I get confused between supply and return). It seems like the question and advice was to put the humidifier on the cold air duct, which I assume is bringing air back to the furnace. Is this correct? If the air from the cold air duct is humidified before it returns to the furnace, how does any humidity remain after it is heated by the furnace? Wouldn't the water be boiled off and go out the flue?

Old 12-18-04, 11:20 AM
Wink

Wouldn't the water be boiled off and go out the flue?
No way do the two airs mix if that is what you mean.
Not all humidifiers go on the cold air duct . But most of them do. With a bypass this let a little hot air come back to the humidifier and help pick up the water to take it into the home.

ED

Old 12-24-04, 11:51 AM
mzajac
Visiting Guest
Mounting Honeywell HE260A Bypass Humudifier

HI Ed.
I bought the HE 260A Bypass humudifier and after reading the instructions I'm a little confused.
Your earlier posts mention the humudifier should be installed on the furnace "intake mainfold" (I mean the duct carrying the air from the house in to the furnace), while the instructions show mounting it in the duct that comes off of the top of the "highboy" which I assume is the hot air duct.
The instruction also mentions that if you have an AC you should install the "duct dumper"...
What is the duct damper???
TIA

Matt

Old 12-24-04, 01:17 PM
Wink

Id put it on the cold air duct going back to the furnace. The bypass comes out of the heat duct an in to the humidifier. now the damper is so you can close this bypass off when you go to AC also you want to turn the water off to the humidifier when on AC.
I like to tape into the hot water line if near for it
ED

Old 12-25-04, 09:38 PM
mzajac
Visiting Guest
Thank You Ed!

Thank you Ed!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: