Need help with Honeywell hstat

Old 02-12-05, 07:13 AM
TommyS
Visiting Guest
Need help with Honeywell hstat

Hi folks,
I have trolled through a number of posts but still can't seem to figure the wiring connections for a Honeywell H8908b humidstat. This is a new installation for a Desert Springs 3200 bypass type unit. My furnace is a Rudd achiever 90 upflow and has one additional contact for an EAC, but this is labeled as line voltage and the unit wants 24vac. I really don't want to waste another outlet for the unit's transformer. All I want to is to have the unit active whenever the heater blower is active. I have seen mention of an A50 current sensing relay to solve this issue. Where do I connect this on the furnace? Is it ok to tap off one of the t-stat low voltage connections?

Side questions -
Is it preferrable to mount the unit on the narrow side of the return or not? I have room for either.
Is the water supply tap better off using the hot water line as I have a well but no water treatment?

Thanks

Old 02-12-05, 12:39 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Use the A 50 or A51 there . All you have to do is put it around the blower wires and your done. This will turn it on and off with the blower. Yes if you can go hot water, works best and helps keep junk out of the humidifier. Put it on the wide side if you can check and see if the duct will hold it up right there.

Ed

Old 02-12-05, 04:42 PM
TommyS
Visiting Guest
Thanks - Where do I find the relay?

Ed,
Thanks for the info. Seems easy enough but where can I get the A50 relay? Is this something common I can find at the Home Depot/Lowes or do I need an electrical/hvac supply type place?

Old 02-12-05, 09:43 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
YOu can check your Home Depot, My store used to have it. but no longer has it due that there is now a "Kit" box with all needed things for installing this. If no luck on that, then yes a wholesaler or dealer to get this relay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: