Series Connected Humidistat Mobile Home

Old 04-28-05, 05:49 AM
rgerade
Visiting Guest
Series Connected Humidistat Mobile Home

Trying to connect a Honeywell H46C humidistat in series with a Totaline P474-0100 A/C thermistat to control humidity in a vacant Florida mobile home. Following the instructions from the humidistat I have connected it in series with the Y wire on the thermistat. When the humidity and temperature are both above the set values the air conditioner kicks in as expected. If the humidity level is reached before the temperature level is reached the air conditioner shuts down as expected but the fan will not shut down. As long as the temperature remains higher than the set value the fan continues to run. Of course with no cooling going on it won't shut down. I tried connecting the humidstat in series with the R wire but then the thermistat gets no power until the humidistat kicks in. What am I missing? Thanks

Old 04-28-05, 09:34 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Not sure of the ## you have there. But I tie the humidistat in this way. I put it in the R wire going to the tstat like you said. Now turn the tstat to cool and all the way down . Now see the humidistat will control the AC and turn the blower on and off. When you are there turn the hum .back down and the tstat will take back over. come heat time turn hum. so it call all the time and go to heat the tstat will take over. Hope this helps. Just put the R wire to it then the R wire to the tstat it turns off and on to the tstat.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: