Humidifier pads: Factory vs. aftermarket

Old 10-24-05, 06:32 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Humidifier pads: Factory vs. aftermarket

All right then... Jay suggests in response to my last post that a paper-type humidifier water pad is better replaced than cleaned. Thanks for the advice, Jay. I'll buy that - literally! The question is, which to buy? I have an Aprilaire 600 bypass humidifier. In the best deal I could find, Aprilaire-branded pads run about $30.00 a pair with shipping from an on-line supplier. My local Lowe's sells a single aftermarket water pad (RPS Products, with fine print on the package stating that it is not affiliated with Reaserch Products, the manufacturer of the factory pad) that will fit my humidifier for about $9.00. Big price difference. The question is, is the factory pad really better, or are these pads pretty much all the same? If the factory is better, is it better enough to justify the substantial difference in price?

Old 10-24-05, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The pads are all the same.. You are just paying for the "Big Name" like Aprilaire...

At my store, (Home Depot) we carry the RPS that you've mention.. It's the paper type that holds the water better, higher output, and also the metal type.

We also have the Honeywell labled pads. Put them next to each other, dead same..

Get the one you find for the best price! :-)

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: