Q regarding A50 current sensing relay and humidifier placement

Old 11-26-05, 08:46 PM
jim7485
Visiting Guest
Q regarding A50 current sensing relay and humidifier placement

I installed a Carrier LBP humidifier with the A50 relay on a Lennox furnace. The blower motor has three wires heading to it (white, black and red). I put the relay on the red (heat) wire. The water flow kicks on when the fan starts, but never turns off. Even if I turn the furnace off by switch (all pwr off), the water continues to flow. The only way to stop it is to unplug the transformer. I've checked and double checked all the wiring, and it is correct. I'm beginning to think the relay is bad. Does it take some time to reset?

Also, the humidifier is attached to the return air with a 6" bypass pipe heading straight over to the hot air side. When I remove the humidifier cover, air blows from the hot side to the cold side through the bypass pipe at a rapid rate. Can removing the cover cause this because I've given the air an easier path to flow, or did I install it wrong? Should the bypass pipe slope upward?

Thanks

jim

Old 11-27-05, 04:02 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
It's all hooked up right..

Does the unit stop when you undo the low votage are at the relay?

If it stops, then it's the relay

Old 11-27-05, 06:36 AM
jim7485
Visiting Guest
Thanks

Yes, the water flow stops when I un-do a wire at the low voltage relay. Just my luck, several hours of tinkering and a message at nearly midnight just to find out that I have a bad part. I imagine this is gonna be one of those "Sorry we don't accept returns on electrical parts".

Thanks for the quick reply... you're the best.

jim

Old 11-27-05, 04:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Where did you get this from?? I don't see why you can't take it back.. It's not a control board.. or underware. ;-)

Old 11-27-05, 04:11 PM
jim7485
Visiting Guest
You mean I can't return underware??

Got it from a heating/cooling contractor, with an over the counter parts desk. It's a small family operation, does not even accept charge cards. Just guessing that return or exchange will be an issue. Every job I attempt seems to end up with too many trips to the store, so I'm just preparing for the worst. Always a pessimist, I suppose.

Thanks
jim-

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: