humidifier wiring problem

Old 11-29-05, 08:20 AM
jaschultze
Visiting Guest
humidifier wiring problem

I have a General 1040 whole house humidifier on my heat pump. This unit was mounted but not wired and ducted when we bought our house. The ducting has been run, and the unit has been wired, and it works correctly, but there seems to be a problem with it that is causing me some concern.

It is a 24V system, and it is currently wired to the C and G posts on the control board. It kicks on as expected when the blower comes on and when the humidity is below the set point. The problem is that when the blower comes on, there is a buzz for about 1-2 seconds (sounds like a relay or an under-powered electric motor) coming from the blower housing), after which the blower kicks on and everything is fine. This buzz is NOT present if the humidifier is unhooked. Any ideas, or is this to be expected?

Old 11-29-05, 07:17 PM
jaschultze
Visiting Guest
May have answered my own question

I know that its poor form to respond first to your own thread, but after a little research here and other places today, I may have solved my own problems, and wanted to run it past this forum first.

I'm thinking that if I move the wire from the G terminal to the R terminal, and install an A50 relay on blower line, I should be fine, right? If I hook the wire to the R terminal now, the solenoid trips and water flows as expected without the hum that I noticed coming from the blower starting up as before.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: