Need help with Electric Heat Humidifier setup

Old 02-16-07, 04:28 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need help with Electric Heat Humidifier setup

Hi, you guys might have answer this many many times, just do it one more time. We just bought a new home last week in Georgia. We have Electric heat and the air is very very dry in our home. Some one told me to use Whole house Humidifier to fix this problem. I have a 2 stories, 2600 sq home. I bought two Kenmore whole house Humidifiers, about 10 gal each. One for Up and one for down area. I loved it, the fact that we don't have dry skin and stuffy noises, BUT, BUT it is toooooo loud. If we set it up at low setting then doesn't do the job. I would like to have the bypass humidifier( or any other where I don't have to deal with filling it with water over and over and the noise.) I need to know, should I do it myself, which one to buy, how big etc. Please any help would be really appreciated. We have two units one for upstairs and seprate one for the down. When you ans. this please think of it like you are talking to some one who doesn't know much about all this but willing to learn and really wants to do this ASAP. Thanks and every one is very helpful on this site. Keep up the good work.

Old 02-16-07, 04:40 PM
Two humidifer should do just fine in your home.

Your winter is not that extream unless your home is pretty drafty?

You could put a by-pass humiifer on your furnace down stairs and use the stand alone unit upstairs. but I do not advise it for up in the attic due to risk of freezing.

Old 02-21-07, 09:43 AM
I
Electric Heat Humidifier Setup

Thanks for the reply Jay11j. But I got both furances in the Attic. You said use stand alone for upstairs, the one I found, was too loud and then I have to fill it with water. I would like to setup something auto so, I don't have to do anything. Pls. let me know.

Old 02-21-07, 02:36 PM
Even thou you are down in GA. I am afraid it's too risky to put humidifer on your furnace in the attic. I know you could do heat tape on water lines, drain... ect.. Check around your neighbors, family. and co-worker and see if they got something in the attic.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: