Installed cost/Noise of Aprilaire 1700 whole house deumidifier

Old 09-02-07, 09:23 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Installed cost/Noise of Aprilaire 1700 whole house deumidifier

Im thinking of getting one of these to work on my basement after i finish it as well as get tied to my HVAC system. The wife is from a hot country and hates air conditioning but also cant stand our super humid summers in NE ohio. We are comfortable setting the temp at 78-80 with the ac but the humidity in my house is normally 60-65% and 70% sometimes when the ac isnt running. The basement is worse with some mold/efflorecence on a bowing wall that is getting rebuilt soon. Im guessing its about 90% down there cause the small dehum i have runs all day about 50% of the time. Anyone know what installed cost of these things are for the midwest (ohio) ? what about noise levels. I plan on making this space into a rec room/tv room eventually. Thanks

Old 09-04-07, 02:19 PM
D
Absolutely no one has ever heard of anything about this dehum? Anyone even seen one at all?

Old 09-04-07, 02:31 PM
I never been around one.. not a common thing to have up here in the midwest.. I don't know if any of the other guys here been around one as well??

I've have read else where they do the job very well on days where it's very humid, and cool.

Call a couple of dealers in your area and see if they can answer your question.

Old 09-04-07, 05:25 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Aprilaire is very common. I use therma-stor so I have never seen the Aprilaire installed. They make very good products so I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Old 09-12-07, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Lost why you dont just run the AC there. Also have some register outlets in the basement now . Wife dont like AC. let the AC run and just slow the blower down some it will be the best dehumidifier you can buy

Old 09-20-07, 11:31 PM
D
I already have AC and registers/returns in the basement. Of course its the best dehum money can buy but ONLY when its actually running. Im in NE ohio where cooling is really necessary only a few weeks out of a year. High moisture though happens for months and months with no call for cooling. My AC dehums just fine when on but i am worried about slowing down the blower too much as i dont have a TXV installed on my AC. I do have a visonpro IAQ stat --too bad i cant use that option

Old 09-21-07, 12:31 PM
Received 8 Upvotes on 8 Posts
That is the problem with AC in no load times. Only way to solve this is to over cool or to add dehumidifcation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: