Honeywell 360 -- I got trouble

Old 11-03-07, 04:37 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell 360 -- I got trouble

Hi, just found this forum & hope I can get some anwers to a couple nagging problems. Background: I installed a Honeywell 360 last year on the supply plenum of my dual fuel 6 ton unit and a Humidcalc+ sensing unit on the return side. They have never worked properly.

Problem 1: There doesn't seem to be much air flow through the 360 into the furnace's supply stream when the Honeywell unit is running. In fact, I can feel air being forced out at a couple spots where the two halves of the 360 join together, and when I put a piece of tissue paper on the air intakes of the 360, they don't suck down to the unit as I would expect them to if it were pushing humidified air into the plenum. (The fan on the 360 works fine, as does the water supply and I have a new filter in it.) I thought this problem might have something to do with too much backpressure due to an imbalance in the supply and return loops. I had a pro reconfigure the duct work, measure and balance the hvac system and that should not be a problem now. But it still seems like the unit is not injecting humid air into the supply plenum. And the house itself seems pretty dry (can't get much above 35% humidity).

Problem 2: The Humidicalc+ sensing unit keeps the 360 unit off at all times unless I turn it fully clockwise and then it never turns off--even when the furnace cycles off. If I don't turn it fully clockwise, it won't come on most of the time.

Frustrated? You bet. Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Angus

Old 11-04-07, 03:58 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I never been around this style of unit, I am going by what my guts is telling me.... Something is telling me is that the blower/furnace is too large, and/or the ductworks are too small. You got pressure build up, and has no where to go, and finding a way out, and the fan inside the humidifier.

As for the humidistat, what wires are tied to what?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: