Aprilaire 700 Wiring Question

Old 11-24-07, 12:12 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 700 Wiring Question

I have installed my Aprilaire 700 but need help with wiring. Currently my humidifier unit will not shut off unless I shut it off manually. My unit did not come with the Model 50 current sensing relay.

I currently have the humidifier control (R/C) hooked up to the 24VAC of furnace. There is 24-27VAC running regardless of whether the furnace/blower is on or off. I don't think I have an ACC or HUM. The furnace is about 20 yrs old (York Stellar Plus P2UD). The humidifier is plugged into a 120v outlet and brown wires to "H" connection in humidistat. Will I need a Model 50 current sensing relay or is there a way to wire this unit and my furnace without it? Thanks.

Old 11-24-07, 02:58 PM
Does it shut off if you turn the humidistat down to off or below the home's level?

If yes, then humidistat is OK

Originally Posted by linhtwu

Will I need a Model 50 current sensing relay or is there a way to wire this unit and my furnace without it? Thanks.
Yes, you are going to need the A50 relay, and have it installed between the humidistat, and the valve.

Old 11-24-07, 04:31 PM
L
Originally Posted by Jay11J
Does it shut off if you turn the humidistat down to off or below the home's level?

If yes, then humidistat is OK

Yes, you are going to need the A50 relay, and have it installed between the humidistat, and the valve.
Yes, it does shut off if I turn it down to off or below the home's level.

Thanks, I will order it. I will probably need help installing it. As soon as it comes in, I will post another thread. Thanks.

Old 11-24-07, 05:06 PM
They are pretty easy to put in.

Post back here so we know what you got and what's been going on.

Will be waiting for you to come back.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: