Aprilaire 600 ...water runs continuous

Old 11-28-07, 02:37 AM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600 ...water runs continuous

I have just installed an Aprilaire 600 bypass model and it seems to be working fine. The water runs continuously through it though. It seems that this would waste ALOT of water and make my bills skyrocket. Is this continuous running normal or did i wire it wrong. here is how i wired it.

From the water regulator on the Humidifier itself= 2 wires run to the thermostat "H"
From thermostat= 2 wires to cold air sensor
From Thermostat= 2 wires to Furnace= 1 to R, 1 to C= both ran directly with NO transformer between

I would like to save as much water as possible. So if i could somehow wire it to where the water only runs when the furnace comes on, that would be great....Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 11-28-07, 05:30 AM
Did you get a relay or sail switch with your humidifier?

Otherwise, if you didn't, move the R wire to W on the board.

When it does run, you are going to get a small stream of water coming out of the humidifer, but should stop when the furnace is not calling for heat.

Old 11-28-07, 11:35 AM
Wink

You say 2 wires to the tstat H ????? Did you read all the paper work on the tstat. Is it set right??? If you pull the wires off H does the humidifier water shut off???. I like to control the humidifier at or on the cold air drop to the furnace and not at the tstat. This way when the blower comes on .It tells the humidifier much better if it need to run or not for the whole home humidity

Old 11-28-07, 12:11 PM
I
I didnt get a relay switch or sail switch with my model. I will try to hook up the "R" to the "W" instead and see if that works though.

Ed, I read all the paperwork, but it wasn't a very good explanation of how it works. I'll try unhooking the "H" side of the tstat and see if it shuts down. How do you control the humidifier from the cold air return instead of the tstat?. I'm really confused by that statement. Also, did you guys run your sensor outside or just put it in a Cold air duct?.
Thanks

Old 11-28-07, 02:00 PM
I
well, i changed the "R" to the "W" and that seems to have done the trick. I really appreciate the help.

Old 11-28-07, 04:51 PM
Are you using the RiteTemp t-stat with built in humidity control?

Let me know, then I"ll look into it more.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: