Honeywell HE365B1004 w/H1008

Old 11-28-07, 09:54 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Honeywell HE365B1004 w/H1008

I've searched the posts and haven't found a situation similiar to what I'm experiencing.

I've installed a Honeywell HE365B1004 humidifier and contected it to a H1008 humidistat. I believe the wiring is correct.

H1008 -- Furnace Board
G -- G
W -- W
CG/CW -- C 24v

The interesting thing is that when I put the humidistat in test mode, it will switch on the humidifier after the blower starts; as it should. However, when I turn off the test mode and dial it back to setting 10 (I believe this is the highest humidity level) the humidifier never turns on.

Now there is a green status light on this unit. 1 second on and 1 second off is standby and constant on is humidifier on. When the humidistat is on setting 10 (or any other setting) the status light is constantantly on. However, the humidifier will not turn on when the furnace is on or off.

I've tried connecting the outdoor temparature sensor and also jumping the two OUT terminals in case the sensor was defective and the outcome is the same. I'm beginning to wonder if the humidistat is defective, but since it works perfectly in test mode I'm unsure. Any insight anyone has is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 11-29-07, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by dharris79
I believe the wiring is correct.

H1008 -- Furnace Board
G -- G
W -- W
CG/CW -- C 24v
So far yes,, it's wired up right.

Then on H and C got the two red wires from humidifer on that, and two yellow wires to HUM?

When the humidistat is on setting 10 (or any other setting) the status light is constantantly on. However, the humidifier will not turn on when the furnace is on or off.
What happens if you undo the two yellow wires, and touch the wires itself?

I'm beginning to wonder if the humidistat is defective, but since it works perfectly in test mode I'm unsure.
I am thinking so too. but I'll wait till I hear back from you.

Old 12-01-07, 01:30 PM
D
I checked the two yellow and red wires and they are connected correctly.

When the two yellow wires are shorted, the humidifier starts up.

Here are a few other clues...

Yesterday, it was warmer and while placing the humidistat at setting below 5, it went into standbay (green light blinking). Above 5, the green light was constantly on. So I'm thinking it is calculating correctly.

Also, I believe that the humidifier is to turn on only after the blower starts. When in Test Mode the humidifier turns on before the the blower, when there is a call for heat from the thermostat. So I'm wondering if Test Mode bypasses sensing if the blower is on or not.

If that is true, then is it still possible that the wiring may be incorrect? When not in test mode, I do see the green light contantly on so it should be kicking on the humidifier. But if it isn't detecting that the blower has started, it won't turn on. Is this correct?

BTW, this is a Carrier heat pump. The humidistat is behaving the same whether using gas or the heat pump. There is a HUM post on the furnace board with a 24v marking. Should I try hooking the CG/CW up to that (without cooking something)?

Old 12-01-07, 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by dharris79
When in Test Mode the humidifier turns on before the the blower, when there is a call for heat from the thermostat. So I'm wondering if Test Mode bypasses sensing if the blower is on or not.
Does the furnace blower comes on when you put it into test?

BTW, this is a Carrier heat pump. The humidistat is behaving the same whether using gas or the heat pump. There is a HUM post on the furnace board with a 24v marking. Should I try hooking the CG/CW up to that (without cooking something)?
Nah, leave it be as you got it wired up..

Last edited by Jay11J; 12-07-07 at 05:01 AM.
Old 12-02-07, 03:12 PM
D
Yes, the furnace blower does come on (after a short warming up delay) when the humidistat in is test mode. The humidistate also turns on the humidifier before the blower starts. I had read that the humidistat should be waiting until after the blower starts before turning on the humidifier.

Old 12-06-07, 08:40 PM
D
Ok, so when the humidistat is in test mode, it will turn on the humidifier if it senses a call for heat OR the blower fan. I believe that the reason it only works in test mode is because it is sensing the call for heat (it kicks on before the blower).

When it's not in test mode, it won't kick on. I don't think it is sensing the blower. Is it correct to have the jumped CG/CW tied directly to the C 24v on the furnace board? Something is not clicking.

As an alternative, how do I wire to provide humidity whenever the fan is on? The direction say to connect the G and G and CG terminals to the fan relay. Would that mean disconecting the humidistat from the G on the furnace board and jump G to CG on the humidistat? (I blew a fuse earlier today, don't want a repeat)

Thanks

Old 12-07-07, 05:17 AM
I'll check into it tonight when I get home.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: