Aprilaire 600 relay source voltage range

Old 01-05-08, 01:12 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Aprilaire 600 relay source voltage range

I'm in the process of installing an Aprilaire 600A on my furnace: Trane XE 80 Model TUD080C936B0 mfg 9/94 with the White-rodgers controller model 50A50-405, which doesn't have the EAC/HUM terms.
The Main question I have is the Low voltage transformer in the furnace has an output of 28vac. Will this cause the Humidistat to short out if I use it as the voltage source?
My second Question, I had to set up humidifier's plenum connection for the right side. It seems the grey water tube from the solenoid is too long. Can I cut it to fit?
Thanks

Old 01-06-08, 05:37 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete_Mcd
I have is the Low voltage transformer in the furnace has an output of 28vac. Will this cause the Humidistat to short out if I use it as the voltage source?
No, you are going to give/take voltage in any homes.

My second Question, I had to set up humidifier's plenum connection for the right side. It seems the grey water tube from the solenoid is too long. Can I cut it to fit?
Thanks
What tube are you talking about? From the valve to the drip tray? if it from valve to tray, and yes, you can.. I would cut it at where it going to drip into the water tray.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: