Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Heating, Cooling, Air Conditioning, Ventilation and T-Stat Controls > Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers
Reload this Page >

Install Honeywell HE360A Humidifier ,H8908B Humidistat with Carrier 58STA110-16

Old 01-12-08, 08:08 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts

I purchased the Honeywell HE360A humidifier and install kit. Before I install I would like advice for best location to install the Humidifier and Humidistat.
I would also like to hardwire the electric source and have it run on call of heat. can this be done and if yes, How?
My furnace is a Carrier 58STA110-16. I have included front and back photo's of the furnace.
My concern is that I don't have idea where the cooling / heat pump coils are.
Thanks for your much needed help on this.

Back Side.

Return side.

Back side 2

Side view of supply

Front side

Last edited by Jay11J; 01-12-08 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Image don't work, changed to Link to photo.
Old 01-12-08, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by waao1 View Post
I purchased the Honeywell HE360A humidifier and install kit.
We have a very good chance of not using the sail switch in the kit..
Also, I am not crazy about the plastic water supply line, so if you want, return the kit, and get the ice maker supply line, 1/2 vinyl tube for the drain, and 18-2 t-stat wire.

Before I install I would like advice for best location to install the Humidifier and Humidistat.
Looks like the side would work out best for the humidifier itself.

I would also like to hardwire the electric source and have it run on call of heat. can this be done and if yes, How?
On the board you will see EAC1 and EAC2. You can use a 12-2 wire on those, and run it to the side of the furnace. Mount an electrical metal box with an outlet where you can plug the humidifier itself into it.

The EAC will power up when ever the blower comes on. that then will turn on

Old 01-12-08, 11:53 AM
W
Thanks for your reply and setting up picture links. I will return the kit, and get the ice maker supply line, 1/2 vinyl tube for the drain, and 18-2 t-stat wire.

Should I make an opening for humidifier in the horizental duct on top or on the box where pyramid is shown?

Old 01-12-08, 12:25 PM
Cut an opening just before it T's off above. The A coil should be away enough to be safe to cut there.

Old 01-12-08, 01:30 PM
W
Here where I am going to cut an opening. Please see the pictures.

Template lay out.

Template layout 2.

Last edited by Jay11J; 01-12-08 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Changed IMG to URL, due to no image shown.
Old 01-12-08, 03:16 PM
Are you able to move the conduit with out an issues?

I didn't think that cut out was going to be that big??? (Never put this style in before) Figured you could just make by on the right side of the conduit?

Old 01-12-08, 03:48 PM
W
I moved the conduit without any problem. Is this tempelate position good?

Old 01-12-08, 07:27 PM
Yes, you are then good.

Old 12-06-08, 12:31 PM
T
Jay11J

I am prearing to install a Honeywell HE260A Power Humidifier on my Carrier Model 58MXA060-F-15108 furnace. I want the humidifier to come on only when there is a call for heat, because I want my circulating fan to run all the time (therefore I cannot use the sail switch).

If I connect one of the black wires from the humidistat to the white wire that goes to the heating relay, the other black wire to one of the yellow wires from the humidifier and the other yellow wire from the humidifier to the red wire that runs to the furnace transformer, will this give me the result I am looking for?

Old 12-06-08, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Triple C View Post
I am prearing to install a Honeywell HE260A Power Humidifier
HE260 is a bypass, not powered... Unless you ment HE360?

I want the humidifier to come on only when there is a call for heat, because I want my circulating fan to run all the time (therefore I cannot use the sail switch).
If it a powered HE360, there is no way to wired it up to only come on with heat... A relay could be used if you are willing to add more parts to make it work.

DO NOT wire this till we find out what you got. If you do wire it to what you are thinking, something may get damaged.

Old 12-07-08, 04:52 AM
T
Jay11J

It is a HE360A Hunidifier, not an HE260A Humidifier. I am willing to add a relay if that is what it takes to get the result I am looking for.

Old 12-07-08, 04:40 PM
I will draw out how to wire it up to work with your set up.

Old 12-07-08, 06:21 PM
T
Jay11J

I VERY much appreciate your support and assistance.

Old 12-07-08, 07:49 PM
L
HE360a

I have been trying to get one of these things to work over the past 2 days and still no go i have 24vac to the two yellow wires on the humidifier but the solenoid does not open any thoughts?????

Old 12-07-08, 08:30 PM
D
Jay11j - In the thread below you stated to hook to either EAC1 or EAC2. Both of these connections would trigger the humidifer to be active whether or not the hear or cold air was blowing, correct? Therefore, if his need is to have the humidifier on only when its blowing HOT air, then does he need to connect into HEAT-H? If so, how is this accomplished as the terminal is already occupied by a wire that runs to the fan? I have the same exact issue/need thus I thought I would jump in on this chat. I have a Lennox G40UH(X) series furnace, but am trying to connect the same way (by pass the sail switch). BTW - I noticed a red wire running from the fan back towards the electical panel in my furnace that is crimped/capped off. What is that used for?

Old 12-07-08, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by lashbrook View Post
I have been trying to get one of these things to work over the past 2 days and still no go i have 24vac to the two yellow wires on the humidifier but the solenoid does not open any thoughts?????
You have the 360 as well??

Old 12-07-08, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by dmrumm View Post
Jay11j - In the thread below you stated to hook to either EAC1 or EAC2. Both of these connections would trigger the humidifer to be active whether or not the hear or cold air was blowing, correct?
Correct.

Therefore, if his need is to have the humidifier on only when its blowing HOT air, then does he need to connect into HEAT-H?
Not a good ideal to tap onto the blower, surge may cause issue.

[/quote]BTW - I noticed a red wire running from the fan back towards the electical panel in my furnace that is crimped/capped off. What is that used for?[/QUOTE]
That is the low speed blower wire.... Not sure why that is capped off? It should of been put onto "Park" on the board.

Old 12-08-08, 06:00 PM
L
Originally Posted by Jay11J View Post
You have the 360 as well??
yes fund the problem the circuit board inside the HE360 was bad replaced the unit now seems to work

the other dumb question is what do you do with it in the summer when the air is on their is no way to isolate it from the plenum

thanks

Old 12-08-08, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=lashbrook;1478693
the other dumb question is what do you do with it in the summer when the air is on their is no way to isolate it from the plenum[/QUOTE]

On the 360, you just need to turn off the humidistat, and shut off the water, clean the pad holder, and replace the pad.

There is no air flow to worry about.

Old 12-09-08, 07:50 AM
T
Jay11J

I will draw out how to wire it up to work with your set up.
Sorry to bug you. Have you had an opportunity to "draw out how to wire" my HE360A Humidifier?

Old 12-09-08, 08:04 AM
Sorry to bug you. Have you had an opportunity to "draw out how to wire" my HE360A Humidifier?
No need to be sorry.. I forgot about it.. Got too busy with lot of post on here and t-stat area.. Will try to do it when I get done shovling the snow.

Old 12-09-08, 12:45 PM
T
No need to be sorry.. I forgot about it.. Got too busy with lot of post on here and t-stat area.. Will try to do it when I get done shovling the snow.
Me too, we have had 6-8" within the last 12-15 hours, it judst keeps coming down, what a winter.

Old 12-10-08, 06:55 PM
T
Jay11J

Me too, we have had 6-8" within the last 12-15 hours, it just keeps coming down, what a winter.
I think that I finally have my problem figured out. I ran a wire from the Common terminal (ref. Furnace Transformer) to one side of the coil of a low voltage relay that I purchased, and a wire from the white terminal (ref. Thermostat side of the heat relay) to the other side of the new relay coil.

In other words I installed a low voltage relay in parallel with the heat relay.

Now when there is a call for heat the relay contact close, and when heat is no longer necessary the relay contacts open.

I then ran one of the yellow wires from the humidifier to one side of the humidistat, the other side of the humidisat to one of the relay contacts terminals and the other relay contact terminal to the second yellow wire coming from the humidifier.

Everything seems to work great. However, just finished the job this afternoon.

Jay11J, thank you for your interest in my project, and for saving me from what might have happened had I proceeded with my original wiring plan. Your thought regarding the addition of a relay got me onto the right track. Please let me know if you have any concerns about what I have done.

Old 12-11-08, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you got it!

Did you wire it to W on the board, or HUM?

Old 12-14-08, 12:57 PM
B
I'm installing the HE360A unit and the instructions say to install it over the A-frame coil. Where my unit is located, one side of the A-frame faces the return duct and there is no room to install the unit. On the other side of the A-frame, the unit is up against a wall. Can I install this unit on the side of the 'A'? (ie instructions call to mount the unit facing the actual slant/fronts of the coil, I am wondering if I can install on the side facing the ends of the coil) Thanks so much for any help!!!!

Old 12-14-08, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by bustakaps9 View Post
I am wondering if I can install on the side facing the ends of the coil) Thanks so much for any help!!!!
No, you won't get any air flow in front of the A-coil. Either you have to go up above the coil, or put in a bypass unit on the return.

Old 12-15-08, 12:03 PM
T
Sounds like you got it!

Did you wire it to W on the board, or HUM?
Sorry for the delay, my computer has been acting up. I wired it to the white on the board.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: